Your Donation Makes a Difference
Moving or downsizing and have items you no longer need? Planning a home renovation or is it just time to de-clutter and renew your space? Instead of tossing your unwanted household items, donate them to Habitat ReStore and do something good for your community and the environment!
When you donate items to Habitat ReStore, you’re helping Habitat for Humanity GTA achieve its mission to build safe, decent homes for working, lower-income families. You’re also helping the environment by enabling us to recycle perfectly re-usable household items and provide them with a second home, and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for the assessed value of your donation.
3 Ways to Donate
1. Drop off your items at a Habitat ReStore location during store hours
- Drop-offs can only be done during store hours. Please check individual ReStore locations for hours of operation. It is recommended to call ahead of time. Sometimes stores are not able to accept all donations due to capacity and staff availability.
- We accept a range of new and gently-used household items. Check our list of acceptable items for details.
- Please don’t leave items outside our stores after hours!
2. Request a free pick up for donations by filling out the Donation Pick-Up Form
- For your larger, multi-item donations, request a donation pick-up. One of our friendly team of drivers will come to your home or office to pick up your items and deliver them to a local ReStore, where we sell them at assessed value.
- We receive a high number of requests for donation pick-ups and therefore not all will qualify for the service. We will notify you once we have reviewed your submission. Please ensure you have quality photos of your items to upload in the request.
3. Request a deconstruction by filling out the Donation Deconstruction Form
- At ReStore, we accept donations of everything from windows and doors to bathtubs and entire kitchens! For whole home or very large renovation items. Our ReStore team will come to your home and carefully and efficiently dismantle major household items such as, kitchen cabinetry, counter tops and appliances, bathroom fixtures and more.
What We Accept
Our Habitat ReStores accept donations of new and used home furniture and decor, appliances, kitchen and bath fixtures and other renovation items, as well as donations of overstocked, seconds, used, discontinued items and salvageable household and home improvement building materials from manufacturers, stores and contractors.
What We Do Not Accept
Donated items must be in good, working condition. ReStore will not accept items that are:
- Mattresses and sofa beds
- Damaged, broken or excessively stained or dirty
- Mildewed, moldy or water damaged
- Hazardous waste and industrial supplies